Monday 19 May 2008

Kayak Journal - Langstone at Low Tide

Monday 19th May 2008

A short evening paddle after work with Gav. We launched at low water from Tudor Sailing club, slipping down Broom Channel with little water in it. We paused around Mallard Lake to look for the resident seals. I had only seen one so far since the winter and that was a young pup. This quickly came into view as we paddled south and shortly after we spotted an adult accompanying it.

After five minutes trying to get a decent photograph, we carried on, pulling up on the sand outside the Ferry Inn on Hayling Island. We didn't take long breaking out the dinner - chicken madras and rice. Unfortunately, Gav forgot the beers and I forgot my wallet, so there was nothing interesting to wash it down with. I was also filled with dread that I had left my wallet on the car, not in it.

Shoving off again, curtailing the trip to see where my wallet was, we made quick progress on the first of the flood tide. A group of paddlers, playing near the Hayling Ferry pontoon were still there, much to our surprise.

Before long, we were back at the cars and yes, my wallet was on the roof of the car still. Twit.

No comments:

Post a Comment