Monday 16 November 2009

Kayak Journal - Catch Up

Autumn 2009
The latter part of 2009 seems to be passing without much paddling. Griff and I enjoyed a tour of Langstone as I tried out my new Easky 15 (well, new to me anyway) and Gav and I paddled from Swanwick to Curbridge up the River Hamble, a trip we had not done for as long as we can remember. We enjoyed a pint and suffered an indifferent lunch at The Horse and Jockey pub. It was an amazingly high spring tide and the little wooden jetty was under four inches of water.

The short days and frustratingly different shift patterns we all work are not even lending themselves to the odd night paddle. This is something we should definitely remedy soon.

I am pleased that people are finding the Solent Kayak Pages useful - of late most new entries are comments from fellow paddlers, not me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi neil

    My wife and I live in lee and have bought a pair of Easky 15's too. How do you find them? We are reasonmably new to kayaking (I last did it 20 years ago and my wife has only done a little paddling)

    do you recommend using a drysuit or a wetsuit for kayaking on the Solent?
    Is there any particular type of spraydeck that you think fits well with the Easky's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spraydeck I have is a Palm Classic size R5. It is a tight fit, but the latex seal is very good. The Easky is working out nicely after the 18' GRP kayak. I am looking forward to some alternative trips, such as the DW race.

    ReplyDelete