Tuesday 29 April 2008

Kayak Journal - Hamble Amble

Tuesday 29Th April 2008
What a miserable day. Virtually non-stop rain. Today's plan to paddle Chichester Harbour with Gav and Mike went down the drain too. Gav had 'hurt his back' and Mike was 'painting a house'. Nothing to do with the weather then guys? Suddenly finding myself alone, I abandoned the float plan in favour a short river jaunt from Swanwick to Warsash and back. The wind was blowing 25 knots for a good part of the day and with constant rain, this seemed the more sensible option for a bit of exercise.

After an hour or so, I had had enough. Fortunately, the Yak Vision jacket came in to its own - especially the hood and collar. My new Level 6 pogies did the trick nicely too - I was colder out of the boat than in it.

Quite a pleasant plod up and down the river, certainly better than working or sitting around at home with a bad back or painting. Yeah Right! I believe you, thousands wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment